YouTube is the second most visited site in the world. With 2 billion+ users and about 1 billion hours of content being watched per day, it’s a no-brainer that YouTube ads should be in your marketing mix. Running ads on YouTube opens up so much opportunity to help businesses increase traffic, brand awareness, and conversions in a cost-effective way.
If you are considering YouTube for your digital marketing strategy, take a look at the following five reasons why you should be taking advantage of this growing advertising opportunity.
1. Incredible Reach
Almost one-third of all people on the internet watch content through YouTube, and these numbers are only expected to increase. This opens up a whole new opportunity to reach a wide variety of prospective consumers on a different platform.
2. Advanced Targeting Options & Audience Creation
With YouTube ads, there are many targeting options to choose from and advanced audiences that you can create. The targeting options include:
- Demographics – age, gender, parental status, and household income
- Keywords – words or phrases an audience is interested in or searching for
- Placements – specific channels, videos, apps, and websites where ads are served
- In-Market/Affinity/Intent Audiences – users with specific interest, intent, and behaviors
- Topics – videos, channels, and websites related to specific topics
- Devices – computers, smart phones, mobile devices, and TV screen devices
The targeting options above are all predefined options which work well but work even better when layered with audiences you can customize manually. Many don’t understand the capabilities of creating customized audiences. These types of audiences include:
- Custom Audiences – keywords, URLs, channels, and apps that people are actively searching for, using, have interest in, or that describe specific products and services
- Remarketing Audiences – people who have visited or taken a certain action on your site
- Similar Audiences – audience lists generated from high-quality audiences like remarketing audiences or customer lists
3. Videos Are More Engaging
Video ads have been proven to have more impact than the standard image ad. With the ability to appeal to the senses with audio and visual elements, videos allow you to tell a story that creates an emotional connection and conveys more information than image or text ads. The possibilities are endless, and you can be as creative as you want.
4. Cost Effective
YouTube ad formats typically run on a cost-per-view (CPV) or cost-per-thousand-impressions (CPM) bidding system. On average, a video ad costs about $0.10 to $0.30 per view or $1 – $5 per thousand impressions, depending on your targeting, ad format, and overall goal. If you aren’t really familiar with ad costs, this is a cost-effective way to get your ads in front of a wide array of people.
5. Variety of Ad Formats
There are a variety of ad formats that can help you reach a specific goal, whether it’s to drive brand awareness, or drive conversions—there is an ad for that. Here is a list of ads that you can use within YouTube:
- Skippable In-Stream Ads: These ads display video content before, during, or after videos on YouTube and Google video partner sites. Viewers have the choice to skip after 5 seconds and you are only charged if a viewer engages or watches the entire ad.
- Non-Skippable Video Ads: These ads also display video content before, during, or after videos, but viewers will have to see the entire message because there is no option to skip.
- Bumper Ads: Bumper ads are short 6-second long memorable messages that are used for reach and brand awareness
- Discovery Ads: These ads promote video content next to related YouTube videos, as part of a YouTube search result, or on the YouTube mobile homepage.
- Non-Video Ads: These ads can be used if you don’t have video resources available. Display and in-video overlay ads display image and text content on the right-hand sidebar or on top of video content.
You already know the benefits of YouTube advertising, but what are the benefits of YouTube advertising with Hall? We work with clients in a wide range of industries to help them reach their marketing goals with our YouTube advertising services. Contact us to see how we can take your YouTube marketing to the next level.