Google+ and YouTube recently announced that you can merge your business YouTube channel and your Google+ page.
Once the pages are merged:
- Your YouTube videos will be viewable right from your Google+ page, on a separate YouTube tab
- You will have access to hosting live ‘On Air’ hangouts
- You can upload videos from YouTube and autoshare them on Google+ to specific circles
- Multiple people can now manage your YouTube channel, without having to share a password.
The merge is currently in Beta but we decided to give it a try.
Below is a video showing you how easy it is to merge your YouTube channel and your Google+ page. With Google owning so many tools we all use for business, it is not far off to expect them all to be linked at some time.
If you can’t see the video, please watch it over on YouTube here.
Instructions on how to merge your channel and your G+ page
First to set you up for success, you need to make sure the Google account that your YouTube account is assigned to is already a page manager of your Google+ page. If it isn’t, you can set that in the Managers section of your Settings.
After that, just follow these 5 simple steps and you will have merged your two profiles:
- Make sure you are logged into your Google Plus page and your YouTube channel
- In the upper-right hand corner, go to Settings
- Under your Account Information, click on Advanced
- Choose to Connect with a Google+ page (beta)
- Confirm your request
After that has been done, you can go to your Google+ page and see the new YouTube tab added to your profile.
If you want more information on merging your Google+ page and your YouTube channel, they actually set up a Google+ community on the topic for feedback and issues. Since this feature is still in beta, I am sure feedback is being taken into account as they decide what to do next.