LinkedIn is a powerful business networking tool. If you are one of the many who have heard this before but still don’t “get it”, here is one way to utilize LinkedIn better so it fits into your work day.
Use an RSS Reader to stay on top of LinkedIn Answers
LinkedIn Answers are great! You can drill down into the topic your industry is in and find questions people are asking daily. Taking the time to answer some of these questions in and around your industry is a great way to establish yourself as an expert. As you answer questions it also shows up on your LinkedIn profile and in your network’s activity stream. Letting people know you are the go-to in an industry leads to referrals and business.
Many of us are not on LinkedIn all day though. So by the time you remember to check LinkedIn Answers, there are too many to sort through and if you did answer one, you might be the 50th person to give your opinion and it gets lost in the noise.
By subscribing to LinkedIn in your RSS reader you can scan through Questions as they come in. Using a more central location like your RSS reader makes it more timely, easier to scan and alleviates the need to log into LinkedIn multiple times.
Below is a video showing you how you can quickly subscribe to a LinkedIn topic that interests you:
Not a video person? Here is how you subscribe to LinkedIn Answers
- Go to LinkedIn Answers you can either follow this link or pull down the More menu on the LinkedIn Navigation to get there.
- On the right hand side, browse and select a category that interests you.
- If possible, go back to the browse category and drill down to a more specific topic.
- At the bottom of the browse section, click on the Subscribe to new questions in: link.
- Choose your preferred RSS reader