This is an entry in our daily Internet Marketing Advent Calendar series. Each day your favorite marketing elves will focus on a new topic to get your internet marketing in order before the start of the new year.
Are you using Twitter to market your business? Are you looking for new people to follow that will hopefully become future customers? Do you think people tweeting near you may, at some point, be your customers?
Why is finding local Tweets beneficial?
- Target nearby Twitter users to encourage them to come to your store
- Build Twitter followers and fans of your brand by connecting with them
- Keep up on local events and promotions that you should/could participate in
- Pay it forward by helping out a neighbor that is looking for advice, a product or just a good place to eat around town
- Connect with people who share your interests locally
There are a few ways to look for Twitter users that are near your geographic area.
Here are three:
- Try using Bing’s fancy mapto see who is tweeting in your area.
- Try doing an Advanced Twitter searchfor people tweeting about particular things within a given area.
- Use Tweets by City to see who is Tweeting from your city or about your city.
Happy local Tweeting!
Read more from our Internet Marketing Advent Calendar series!