Okay, so the New Year is in full gear and before we know it, we’ll have a month under our belts. Time to make sure our resolutions are in play, right? Of course, it’s always harder to stay resolved that to get resolved, right?
For us, our greatest commitment is providing better and more helpful resources for you. And that starts today with a trip through the whole wild world of organic search marketing (our friend SEO) starting from the very beginning. As I’ve delivered several webinars in the past months I’ve gotten so many questions on the fundamentals, that I thought it would be worth starting from scratch and building some seminal articles that sum up our position on them (No small amount of inspiration comes from SEOMoz’s exhaustive Beginner’s Guide to SEO).
So the topics you’ll expect here, in no particular order, are:
- How search works on a technical level and what that means to you
- What SEO means, what an SEO firm does, and why the developers of your site should understand it
- How your site’s relationship to the outside world affects its performance
- The role of content in all this, and
- What is easy for you to do as a website owner, and what’s more difficult. So you can make better decisions
Starting tomorrow. I resolve to do it. 😉
Want to Know More Right Now?
What You Need to Know About SEO
Ready to start coming up in search engine listings? Wondering how to tell gold from snake oil in the SEO industry? Learn all about the basic principles of SEO and how they affect your website in this action-packed half hour.