I have gotten asked this question a few times and I think the easiest way to explain how to add a Facebook Like Box (or Fan Box) to your website is to show you. Below is a video explaining the steps to customizing and adding your Facebook Like Box to your website.
Adding a Facebook Box to your site is a great way to promote your Facebook presence on your business website. Facebook is the largest social networking site in the world and people are not only using the site to connect with family and friends but to show their support and interest in businesses too. The Facebook Box is interactive and users can click to connect with your company on Facebook right from your website. With Facebook’s easy customization you can style the Box how you would like and Facebook will generate the HTML code for you.
For you non video folks:
- First things first: you need to be an administrator to the Facebook page you would like to promote
- Go to Edit Page of your Facebook Business Page
- Then on the right hand side, click on Promote with a Like Box
- Customize your Like Box – choose the width and the information you want to include
- Hit Get Code
- Copy code
- Plug the HTML code into your website files where you want your Facebook Like Box
- Publish your web page update