This is an entry in our daily Internet Marketing Advent Calendar series. Each day your favorite marketing elves will focus on a new topic to get your internet marketing in order before the start of the new year.
Wow yesterday was quite a day! Made it around the world, visited billions of people with NORAD tracking me the whole time!
As everyone plays with their gifts, dons their new sweaters and start to travel home – I wanted to say ‘Thank You’. Thanks for sharing the spirit. I also want to say… now it is time to get down to business! Year end is here and we all have lots of planning to do!
This is time to get organized and make our goals for 2011. While reading along with the Internet Marketing Advent Calendar, some of my favorite internet marketing elves taught me a thing or two that I wanted to share:
- Alayna gave us all so much information on how to come up with content, important information about how to keep our CMS website’s up to snuff and she threw in some serious holiday planning tips too!
- Alex knows a lot about PPC marketing! A lot of people use PPC to target people that are looking for their products, services or answers but I think if more people took Alex’s advice we could save some money and target people better.
- Amanda had a lot of good ideas about coming up with new content this year. It is hard to know how much content to put out and how to get it to the people that need it. I loved her ideas about email marketing. That could be a good idea for me… think how many children I could write to!
- Chris, I have never seen him blog before but he sure does know a lot about ecommerce sites. I know a lot of people that could use his advice!
- Jenika is funny. I also think she likes the movie A Christmas Story. She had a lot of references to the Parker family. I loved her tips on using Foursquare. Think of how many badges I could have gotten if I checked in at all the places I visited last night!
- Kyle made me laugh. I got more tips from him on how to keep my tree alive than I have on the dozens of other sites I have visited. He also knows a lot about design and getting new useful content on our websites.
- Mike is the smart, silent type but I really appreciated his tips on shopping online. I really hope people are more controlled when using their credit cards online.
All of these internet marketing elves were on the ‘Nice’ list and I think we can all learn a lot from them to meet our website goals in 2011!
Read the rest of the Internet Marketing Advent Calendar
- Dec. 24 – Santa is Everywhere (Even Online)!
- Dec. 23 – Is Your Web Content a Pink Nightmare?
- Dec. 22 – We Are Santa’s Elves
- Dec. 21 – Holiday CMS Shopping
- Dec. 20 – Top Searches in 2010 – Plus Facebook Statuses and Twitter Trends
- Dec. 19 – Get Your Website Prepared for Holiday Events Early
- Dec. 18 – Use Foursquare to Get Discounts on Holiday Gifts
- Dec. 17 – Manage Your Website Like a Holiday Party
- Dec. 16 – Tips For A Happy Holiday And A Successful PPC Year
- Dec. 15 – Track Santa’s elves with Google Analytics E-Commerce tracking
- Dec. 14 – Keep Your Christmas Tree and Website Alive!
- Dec. 13 – Be Sure to Meet Your Website Visitors’ Expectations
- Dec. 12 – Segmenting your email – I mean – holiday card lists
- Dec. 11 – One Link Goes Out, They All Go Out
- Dec. 10 – Addressing Pain Points Means More Than Broad Smarty Pants Slogans
- Dec. 9 – Sneaking a Peek at Qwiki
- Dec. 8 – Fix Up Your “Charlie Brown” Website
- Dec. 7 – Don’t be a Scrooge with Your Content
- Dec. 6 – ‘Tis The Season for Generosity
- Dec. 5 – Have you been naughty or nice? Now we have online proof.
- Dec. 4 – Online Holiday Shopping
- Dec. 3 – Make a List and Check it Twice
- Dec. 2 – Unclutter Your Website for the Holidays
- Dec. 1 – Walking in a Winter Wonderland of Unique Content