This is an entry in our daily Internet Marketing Advent Calendar series. Each day your favorite marketing elves Kasi and Amanda will focus on a new topic to get your internet marketing in order before the start of the new year.
In my last Santa’s Helper Quick Tip, I offered an easy way to find long tail keywords using the “suggest” feature of the search engines’ search boxes. This time, I want to talk about using Google’s Wonder Wheel to find related searches and potential keywords to target during your keyword discovery. If you haven’t used it yet, I highly suggest that you try it out.
The Wonder Wheel can be found on the results page under “Show Options” and then “Standard View”. I did a search for “grinch who stole Christmas” and then clicked on the Wonder Wheel option:
You can see my original search query in the middle, and related searches branching off. The other branches are clickable and will bring you to another set of related queries. It’s an easy way to see other keywords people have searched for related to your original topic while you are uncovering relevant keywords related to your business!
Have you given Google’s Wonder Wheel a spin?
Read the rest of the Internet Marketing Advent Calendar
- Dec 20 – The Top 10 Searches of 2009
- Dec. 19 – It is OK to be a Person, Especially When Blogging
- Dec. 18 – New Toy from Google
- Dec. 17 – 2010 SEO Predictions
- Dec. 16 – Bing Shows Love to iPhone Users With Free App
- Dec. 15 – Your Charlie Brown Social Media Strategy
- Dec. 14 – A gift to you from Seth Godin
- Dec. 13 – Is Google Real Time Search Naughty or Nice?
- Dec. 12 – Santa’s Little Helper Quick Tip: Finding Long Tail Keywords
- Dec. 11 – LinkedIn, the Velveteen Rabbit of Social Media Websites
- Dec. 10 – Protecting Your Content
- Dec. 9 – Don’t Forget the Milk & Cookies (Good Content)
- Dec. 8 – Google Makes it (Even More) Personal
- Dec. 7 – Customer Service and Marketing
- Dec. 6 – Social Media Didn’t Invent Criticism
- Dec. 5 – Email is the frosting to your gingerbread house
- Dec. 4 – Is Google Caffeine on Your Holiday Wish List?
- Dec. 3 – Don’t Forget to Make Your Title Tags and Check ‘Em Twice
- Dec. 2 – Your Mobile Website
- Dec. 1 – Your Holiday Card List (Your Network)